|The picture cannot tell you how delicious the chicken really is.|
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 zested lemon
- 3 tsp EVOO, divided
- 1 chicken (about 4 lbs.)
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- 4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/8th inch slices
- 2 onions, cut into eighths
- 4 large carrots, chopped into large chunks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix the garlic, rosemary, lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 tsp EVOO.
- Rub the rosemary mixture over the top and the bottom of the chicken.
- Season the top of the chicken with a bit of salt and pepper as well.
- Mix the potatoes, onions, carrots, remaining EVOO, and a pinch of salt and pepper as well.
- Put the vegetable mixture in the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Put the chicken on top of the veggies, breasts side up.
- Put the roasting pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After that, lower the temperature to 350 degrees and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Regardless of the amount of time that you have cooked the chicken, make sure that it reaches 155 degrees before removing it from the oven.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving.
Trust me when I tell you that we are going to make this recipe multiple times in the future, especially since we ordered 12 chickens from Becker Farms.