Though this recipe tasted good (and smelled good as well), the apples just never finished getting good and smushy like we wanted no matter how long we cooked it or attacked it with the fruit smasher.
|Applesauce with apple chunks and extra apple flavor|
- 3 Granny Smith apples
- 3 Pink Lady apples
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Put the apples in a stock pot or dutch oven.
- Grate the rind off of the lemon; add this to the apples.
- Juice the rindless lemon; add this to the apples.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for about 35 minutes.
- Smash with a fruit smasher.