|Trust me, it is as delicious as it looks.|
Ingredients for soup
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Shredded cheese for garnish
- Heat the EVOO in a dutch oven or a soup pot over medium heat
- Add the onion and the garlic to the pot and cook, stirring for about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, and spices to the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the corn, recover, and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with the shredded cheese and tortilla chips.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add a single layer of the tortilla strips to the oil.
- Cook for about 3 minutes until the tortilla strips start to turn a light brown color and become crispy.
- Remove them to a plate lined with paper towel to dry.
- Repeat last three steps until no uncooked tortilla strips remain.
This recipe originated from the Dollars to Donuts cookbook.