- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz processed cheese (like Velveeta)
- Heat a pot over medium high heat.
- Coat the pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and broth to the pot and lower the cooking temp to medium.
- Bring the pot to a boil and keep it boiling for 10 minutes.
- Mix the milk and the flour with a whisk.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, stirring it in after each time you add some to keep the broth smooth.
- After all the flour mixture is mixed in, cook, stirring constantly, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining ingredients.
And there you go. Simple, quick and done.