Thursday, February 9, 2012

Winning at Walgreen's

There was nothing in the ad last week that excited me about Walgreen's, so we skipped it. This week, there still wasn't anything to excite me, but I had $2 in RegisterRewards that expired this past Sunday so I wanted to use them before they expired. Jason noticed we were running low on creamy peanut butter, which we use primarily for baking purposes, so we decided to pick some up from Walgreen's:



Nice creamy peanut butter was priced at two jars for $4, so we used our $2 RR and paid a total of $2 out of pocket. My price per item is now $1.16, so it just fell one cent.

It's hard to say whether or not I won or lost at Walgreen's, overall. I certainly feel like a winner: I bought a total of 43 items and spent, including tax, $50.05. I had a lot of fun searching out these deals, pairing up coupons with sales, getting a lot of fun items I normally would not buy and sharing this adventure with all of you.

I don't have any plans to continually shop at Walgreen's each and every week as there are not enough items at the right price that I would actually need or use. Between Walgreen's and CVS, I have enough toilet paper stockpiled to last 8 months, enough bar soap to last for 2 years, enough toothpaste to last 1 year, and so on. But when there are items at the right price that we'd want/use/need, I will shop there.

Share with us: I would love to know if you find it beneficial to play the drugstore game each week! What items do you buy?

No comments: