Template

Saturday, February 25, 2012

This Book Room: The Maid of Fairbourne Hall

To escape a scheme to marry her off to a dishonorable man, Margaret Macy flees London disguised as a housemaid. If she can remain unwed until her next birthday, she will receive an inheritance, and with it, sweet independence. But she never planned on actually working as a servant. And certainly not in the home of Nathaniel and Lewis Upchurch--both former suitors.

As she fumbles through the first real work of her life, Margaret struggles to keep her identity secret when suspicions arise and prying eyes visit Fairbourne Hall. Can she avoid a trap meant to force her from hiding?

My thoughts: I cannot say enough how much I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I had never read a book by Julie Klassen before, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that I'm a fan now. This book was so engaging. I felt compelled to pick it up again and again and read somewhat in a race to get to the end. I just had to see what would happen and how the conflict would resolve itself! Margaret is funny, endearing and adventurous. I loved her! The story moved so well and was so well written. When I was reading it, I really felt like I knew the characters and was their friend (okay, maybe this just means I'm a sad, lonely person, but I'm not, so that can't be it!). But really, everyone would enjoy this book. I raved about it so much to my husband that he asked if he should read it too. When I rave that much about a book, you know it's got to be a good read. Pick this one up; you won't regret it. You can buy a copy of the book here (and you really should! or at least pick it up at the library, people, c'mon!). You can see which other blogs are reviewing this book here and read their reviews as well.

Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for providing a copy of this book for review in exchange for my honest review.

Here's contest information where you can win a copy of this book and other great items!


Don't miss the perfect blend of Regency-era romance and mystery in The Maid of Fairbourne Hall! Grab a copy and then be sure to enter Julie's Kindle Fire Giveaway and RSVP for her Author Chat party on Facebook! Swoon.







One fortunate winner will receive:


  • A brand new Kindle Fire
  • A Julie Klassen Library (The Maid of Fairbourne Hall, The Girl in the Gatehouse, and The Silent Governess)

Enter today by clicking one of the icons below. But hurry, the giveaway ends 3/14/12. Winner will be announced at Julie's Fairbourne Hall Book Chat Party on 3/15. Julie will be hosting an evening of chat, trivia and a sneak peek of her next book - bring your friends! She'll also be giving away some GREAT prizes: gift certificates, books and a Downton Abbey Prize Pack (Seasons 1 and 2)!

So grab your copy of The Maid of Fairbourne Hall and join Julie and friends on the evening of March 15th for a book chat party.





Enter via Twitter

Enter via E-mail Enter via Facebook




Don't miss a moment of the fun. RSVP today and tell your friends via FACEBOOK or TWITTER and increase your chances of winning. Hope to see you on March 15th!

1 comment:

Julie Klassen said...

Thanks Jess & Jason! I appreciate the review.