I have adjusted to recipe to include the directions for the seasoning and have glossed over the directions for the beans.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans (or a 14 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the oil and bring to temp.
- Add onion, green pepper, salt and black pepper and cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the remaining seasonings and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent the seasonings from burning.
- Add rice and beans and cook for 5 minutes, again continue to keep stirring to prevent sticking, and if it starts to stick, regardless of your stirring efforts, add a little bit of water and the sticking will stop.
- Don't add too much water, as you will be serving this when done and you don't want it soupy.