|Check out my fantastic cropping job!|
Just please ignore the cut off muffin at the top of the picture.
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 Cup oat bran
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup dry milk (recipe actually calls for this, it is not me being silly!)
- 1/4 Cup flax seed
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rind of 1 orange
- 2 Cups shredded carrot (about 3 medium carrots)
- 2 Cups Granny Smith apple (about 1 apple)
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup milk
- 1/4 Cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 egg whites
- Juice of 1 orange (I recommend using the orange that you used for the rind, but if you want to use a different orange then be my guest.)
- Mix together all non-fruit dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add in all fruit ingredients and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Dump the liquid ingredients into the well.
- Mix everything together just until it is fully mixed.
- Spray your muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Put about 3 Tablespoons (I used a 1/4 measuring cup just under filled) of the mixture into each of your muffin cups.
- Bake for 19 minutes.
- Makes between 2 and 3 dozen. We froze 12 to enjoy at a later time.