- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 bananas
- The recipe calls for very ripe bananas, but we only had bananas with still green peels. They worked just fine.
- 1/2 cup Greek yougurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x5x3 bread loaf pan.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- While the butter melts, peel and smash the bananas.
- As the butter should still be melting, put the bananas, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- When the butter is done melting, add that to the mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- In a seperate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the banana mixture, but only until just mixed.
- Do not overmix.
- Use a spatula to help in getting as much of the batter as possible into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, until the toothpick trick tells you it is done.
- For those of you who don't know the toothpick trick it is as follows: poke a toothpick into the center of your bread (or cake). Make sure the toothpick goes in as far as you can get it and still pull it out. Pull out the toothpick and if it comes out clean, then your bread is done. If not, cook it for another five or so minutes.
- Eat or remove from the pan after letting it cool for 5 minutes.
|See how delicious it looks once it is sliced!|