The cornbread itself wasn't too gritty, which is one of my major complaints about it in the first place. And on top of all of this it was super easy to make.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and oil.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Scrape with a spatula into a greased (or cooking sprayed) 9 x 9 baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into 6 servings.