This recipe originated in Hungry Girl 1-2-3 cookbook (Santa Fe Cheesy Chicken Stir-Fry, pg. 26), but didn't quite fit what Jess and I were looking for. So after we altered it to fit our desires, we ended up with the following recipe, which we ate like there was no tomorrow.
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Smart and Delicious large burrito wraps
- In a bowl, combine chicken, beans, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray with nonstick spray and add corn, onion, and bell pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion softens.
- Add the set aside chicken stuff to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is totally cooked.
- Remove from heat and immediately add the tomatoes and cheese.
- Stir it to get the melting cheese spread around.
- Split evenly between your burrito wraps.
- 2 burritos is 1 serving.