This recipe comes from the Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook. It was called The Soup.
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans vegetable broth
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 4 cups water
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 1 chopped yellow squash
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Crusty bread, thickly sliced
- Combine all non-bread ingredients in a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.
- Serve with slices of crusty bread.