We've made an alfredo recipe previously, and it was a lot of work. Jess and I recently picked up the Cooking Light: Complete Cookbook and it had a recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo that took a quarter of the work and was just as delicious. We then altered the recipe to have a little more green in it and you have what follows.
- 16 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head of broccoli
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- While fettuccine is cooking melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add remaining non broccoli ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Bring a sauce pan with about 3 cups water in it to a boil.
- Add broccoli and cook for about 5-6 minutes.
- Drain broccoli.
- Mix noodles, Alfredo sauce, and broccoli in a large bowl.
- Makes 6 servings
If you want, you could always add a cup or two of cooked chicken as well (but then my nutrition information would be all off).