These are the best chocolate chip cookies Jess and I have found. We have been making them for years now and they are delicious. One should make them immediately and try them. This recipe was originally printed in the Cook This Not That: Kitchen Survival Guide.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup not brown sugar (not-packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix together butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour.
- Mix one more time but only until flour is just mixed in, do not over mix.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Drop into 12 balls on a cookie sheet or two (this makes huge cookies, if you want a smaller cookie you can do 24 instead).
- Bake for about 15 minutes (12 min if you make little ones), until the edges begin to brown.