Friday, September 9, 2011

Life & Style: Pinterest inspires... and steals time!

One of the best websites I've discovered is Pinterest. To create boards and pin items, you must request an invitation - no worries, though, as from what I've seen, invitations are given freely once requested. Once you get your invitation via email (within the space of minutes), you can start pinning!

Some items that are pinned on Pinterest are: vacation ideas, decor, DIY, crafts, recipes, and quotes. My pinboards right now are: Autumn, All of the Above, Soul Words, Yummers in My Bellers and Craftiness. You can view my pinboards here.

Some of my menus over the last couple of weeks have included recipes from Pinterest. Most have been winners that we plan to make again. One of our absolute favorites was the Peanut Butter Cups pictured below and BBQ Baked Chicken. Yum!

Learn how to make these simple, delicious treats here!
I mentioned here that I was making a projects list so I knew what exactly I wanted to do with the rest of 2011. One of the items on my projects list was making a vision board. I had planned to do this the old fashioned way - by cutting out quotes and pics from magazines and gluing them onto posterboard. By using Pinterest, I not only saved time, but I saved resources (glue, posterboard) and I have the entire world wide web at my fingertips to add to my vision board instead of being limited to what magazines I had on hand.

Pinterest has inspired craft ideas for use as Christmas gifts and fun items for myself. Some of the things I'm really looking forward to making:

Instructions available here.
Instructions available here.

Genius! I can't wait to get started.

All of the Above keeps me motivated to eat clean and exercise. Here are some of the pins that keep me focused:




 
On days when I really need a pick-me-up or when I want to find the words but just can't, I rely on Soul Words. Here's a few of my favorites:




Everyone has a favorite season. Mine is autumn. I plan to be present for each season with season-themed pinboards. I'll start winter's in November. Here's a few of my favorite Autumn pins. I can smell fresh apples already!




I would love to see your pins and boards on Pinterest. This is an addicting but incredibly useful site. I really don't know how I even managed without it, and I can't imagine ever being without it.

Share with us: What are some of your favorite websites? If you're a Pinterest lover like me, post your link below and I'll follow you!

No comments: