- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 links uncooked chicken sausage (you can use turkey sausage as well)
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Your favorite mustard (optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-low.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the EVOO, and warm it for about 5 seconds.
- Add the red and yellow peppers and the onions and cook, stirring periodically, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add the vinegar and reserve.
- Grill the sausages for about 12 minutes (6 if using a George Foreman type grill).
- Grill the hot dog buns for about 1 minute.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in each bun. If you like, add your favorite mustard over the cheese (spicy is better than sweet).
- Top with a sausage.
- Split the onion and pepper mix over the sausages.
- Serve with a napkin (to keep your fingers clean, not to eat silly).
This recipe was originally printed in Cook This, Not That.