When purchasing chicken for this recipe make sure that you purchase your chicken legs and thighs pre-separated. We did not and I almost didn't have the stomach strength to finish the butchering myself. Well, at least we know one job I will never do :)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs. chicken breast halves, thighs and/or drumsticks
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix egg and milk in a bowl.
- Mix Parmesan, bread crumbs, oregano, paprika, and pepper in a bowl.
- Drag all your chicken pieces through the egg mixture.
- Drag all your egged chicken through the bread crumb mixture, place the chicken into a baking dish after this step.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Cook a side or to to go with the chicken as it bakes. Herb Red Potatoes would go great with this dish.
We got this recipe from our Recipe.com magazine. It was originally published in Diabetic Living.
- 6 servings
- 220 calories
- 9 g fat
- 3 g sat fat
- 116 mg cholesterol
- 196 mg sodium
- 5 g carbs
- 1 g fiber
- 28 g protein