Got an extra few chicken breasts? Need something to use those Meijer 10 for 10 mushrooms in? Well have I got a recipe for you!
- 1 1/2 lbs. skinless chicken breasts, each thinly sliced in half
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 oz white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 14.5 oz chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Egg Noodles, prepared (directions come on the package)
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes a side.
- Remove to a plate lined with paper towel, and place in a microwave or other location that will help retain heat.
- Add remaining oil and mushrooms to the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally
- Make sure to scrape any of the chickeny goodness off the sides and bottom of the skillet while doing so.
- Sprinkle flour over mushrooms, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the broth while constantly stirring.
- Add dried sage, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and give it a good stir.
- Add the chicken and boil it another 2 minutes.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Nutrition Information (Without noodles or green beans)
- 4 Servings
- 310 Calories
- 13 g Fat
- 2 g Saturate Fat
- 99 mg Cholesterol
- 482 mg Sodium
- 6 g Carbohydrates
- 1 g Fiber
- 42 g Protein
This recipe was shamelessly copied from the magazine Recipes.com, which shamelessly copied it from the magazine Family Circle.