- 16 oz spaghetti sauce
- 1 16 oz package of frozen cooked meatballs
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 hoagie buns
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all non-cheese, non-bun ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well
- Put the meatball mixture into a 9x9x2 baking dish and cover with the cheese.
- Bake until meatballs are heated through and the cheese is bubbly. (About 30 to 40 minutes)
- Serve in buns and shred a little extra mozzarella cheese over them.
Outside of heating, this recipe took me 3 minutes to prepare, with half of that going toward shredding the cheese. Any recipe this good with that little prep will be made again and again in our household.
This is what the meatballs look like fresh out of the oven.
It took great willpower not to eat straight from the baking dish.