Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In My Mailbox

When 3 PM comes around each day, my heart starts a little pitter patter. The mail has come! Almost every day brings some sort of fun piece of mail. Sometimes, it's a magazine subscription I've bought, like Family Circle, TV Guide, or Health (among others!) or a letter from one of the two children we sponsor through Compassion International.

But sometimes, the fun pieces of mail are complete and total freebies. Here's what I got in the mail over the past week:



I got a Gillette Fusion Proglide razor with coupons for replacement razor blades. You can sign up for this freebie here.

At one time, Jason had a credit card through Nature Conservancy and they occassionally send odd freebies our way. Late last year, we got a 2011 calendar, which is hung in the kitchen, and last week, they sent us some free address labels. Jason's last name is wrong on them, but this one time, we won't care because (hello!) they were free.

I signed up for a free sample of Garnier shampoo and conditioner, and I plan to use this in my next batch of shaving cream mix.

Through RecycleBank, I earned points and redeemed them for a year's subscription to Every Day Food. This is a Martha Stewart magazine, and this was my first issue I received. I was really surprised at the articles and recipes - they were really unique. Jason and I are really geeked about this magazine.

Through moneysavingmom.com, I learned of a free offer that was running awhile back on a year's subscription to Thriving Family. I. love. this. magazine. I hope some of you were able to get this magazine for free when it was offered. If you have kids and/or are Christian, this magazine is, literally, a must-have. I love it. I really can't say enough about it. Browse through it next time at the store/newstand - you may just need to order a subscription.

And last, but oh so certainly not least, I have to sing the praises of Facebook. I learn about so many freebies on there, and I just love it. I "like" Oprah and all her other Oprah-sponsored things, like O Magazine, OWN, etc. Well, O Magazine had posted a status with a link, sending fans to sign up for a survey/tester-type group. There was some sort of line of "Want to get free beauty products?" Well, my boat just about floated out of the water when I received this amazing product from them. It's from Estee Lauder, and it's a new product called Idealist. It's supposed to even out the user's skintone. And.... (drum roll please) it's an $85 value! It's quite a large bottle, and I'm very excited to try this.

Share with us: Did you get any of these great offers? What fantastical things have you found in your mailbox recently?

No comments: