Saturday, May 28, 2011

This Book Room: Good Summer Reads

From Jess:
This week, I read two books that are perfect for summer reading. Promise Bridge by Eileen Clymer Schwab is set in the Civil War era. If you liked The Help by Kathryn Stockett or Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez, I would recommend this book. In any case, if you've read and liked The Help, I would really recommend Wench and Promise Bridge. Promise Bridge was not really predictable - it surprised me a lot and was a definite page-turner.

I first heard of Huge because of the television show that was on ABC Family of the same name. It was based on the book. I never saw the show, but I thought the book might be a good read. It was cute and fun, but a young adult book, so if you don't typically read young adult, you might not want to read this one. It's light-hearted, though, and a quick read. A good book for summer, and a good book for anyone trying to lose weight or just make better food and exercise choices.

From Jason: 
I'm still continuing the Southern Vampire series. This week, I finished Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris. I enjoyed it because it was a light read. It made me laugh a few times. I thought it was a page turner, but really, all of her books make me want to keep reading.

No comments: