Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mac and Brocheese

Hi all! Tonight's recipe is courtesy of Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine.

First, here's the link to the recipe (complete with a picture!):
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/baked-macaroni-and-cheddar/article.html

But I have some adjustments I make to the recipe that I personally think makes it better!

Instead of one bunch of broccoli, I use two. I never use shallots, and I also just skip the whole microwave part. I just don't do any of that part.

Instead of just using cheddar cheese, I use mozzarella and cheddar cheese.

I typically use a 9 x 13 pan for the mac and brocheese, and that has worked quite well for me. Baking a whole pan of it lasts Jason and I practically a week as it is very filling.

One thing that's great about this recipe verus others is that it's economical to make - making one batch could feed many people or two people several times. So it's less expensive overall.

Happy cooking!

No comments: