Saturday, February 14, 2009

Scones and Lasagna!

Hi all! Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, I'm bringing two great recipes that are both way easy to make. The first one can be found on Kraftfoods.com:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/weeknight-lasagna-toss-95163.aspx

Weeknight Lasagna Toss is both yummy and easy to make. I made it the other night when I got home from work, and I was eating by 5:45! This is a recipe we used to make a lot, and I just started making it again. Since I don't eat red meat, I substitute the ground beef for ground turkey. I also don't add in a lot of Italian dressing. I just kind of eyeball it. It makes a bunch of leftovers (when cooking for two people), I always make breadsticks with it. Salad would be great, too, obviously!

The other recipe can be found on Martha Stewart's web site:
http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/oatmeal-and-dried-cherry-biscuits?autonomy_kw=oatmeal%20scone&rsc=header_1

A couple of notes on this:
I had never made scones before, and Jason claimed not to like them. I made them - so easy! And I watched Martha make them on her show. On the show, she cut them into triangles so I did that too, although the picture makes the scones look kind of square. Anyway, the scones turned out great. Jason loved them!

I don't typically watch Martha Stewart. My mum hates when I mention her (HELLO MUM!), but my mum likes to watch her show and I was at her house and these were on... and I thought, "Mmm, those look good!"

Cherry scones would be a great breakfast on V-day, though, I think!

Happy cooking and baking!

No comments: